Skin cancer is on the rise and affects more than 3.5 million people!
EVERYONE IS AT RISK…
Follow these recommendations from the American Academy of Dermatology to play it safe:
- Apply a broad spectrum water resistant sunscreen of an SPF of at least 30 making sure it blocks UVA and UVB rays (the labeling will reflect that)
- Apply enough sunscreen to maximize protection – to cover your body at the beach or the pool you need to apply A SHOT GLASS FULL (or 1 oz) – adjust amount if you have more surface area to cover 🙂
- Apply sunscreen on dry skin 15 mins prior to going out into the sun
- REAPPLY every 2 hours – yes, EVERY 2 hours
- Use sun protective clothing such as wide-brimmed hats and sunglasses, in addition for maximum protection
You can enjoy the summer sun SAFELY by following these recommendations!